Lately, a lot of people have been writing to ask me about no-cost options for healing Childhood PTSD. For more than two years, I’ve beens sharing the two free techniques I used to recover, but the instructions are spread out on different blog posts, and so this week, I’m putting the whole sequence in one post!
We used to think that the symptoms of Childhood PTSD were primarily psychological. But we now know that abuse, neglect and chronic stress in childhood tend to cause brain and nervous system dysregulation, and that THIS is the root cause of many of our harshest symptoms, including ADHD, depression, broken relationships and even weight problems and heart disease.
In 1994, I learned a daily practice that healed my own chronic dysregulation — quite by accident, and this allowed me to begin a dramatic process of transformation. The daily practice is comprised of two techniques — 1) twice-daily writing of fears and resentments, and 2) twice-daily mantra meditation. I tell the story and teach the writing exercise in the video below. If you would also like written instructions for the writing exercise you can download them here.
Usually, I suggest to people that they get the hang of daily writing for several days, before they move on to the meditation. The writing brings relief, but when you make it a habit, you’ll want the mental rest provided by the meditation. It’s kind of like pulling a thorn out of your foot (the writing) and then putting a balm on it (the meditation) so it can heal.
The meditation is simple, and I show you how to do it in the video below.
See you soon!
Anna (The Fairy)
If You’d Like More Resources…
- First, be sure to follow/subscribe to this blog (you’ll get an e-mail every time I post).
- If you want to go deeper into healing strategies, you can check out my online course, Healing Childhood PTSD, where I teach you the science, the symptoms and the strategies for healing dysregulation and beginning the process of healing your life..
- I’ve JUST released my newest online course, “Dating and Relationships for People with Childhood PTSD. You can get more info, register, and gain instant access here!
- If you prefer videos to blog posts, be sure to find (and subscribe to!) the Crappy Childhood Fairy YouTube channel here.
- If you’d like to learn the techniques I use to heal dysregulation from Childhood PTSD, you can get instructions here.